Sunday, May 13, 2007

Smores Cupcakes



I made these last weekend. ^_^

I took the recipe from Sewdarncute and while they were very good, I found the icing to be a bit too buttery for my liking, I couldn't taste the marshmallow. If I were to make them again I would use less butter for the frosting and put melted chocolate in the cupcakes to make them more gooey. So...here's the recipe:

Smores cupcake by Sewdarncute
The cupcake part can be any chocolate cake you like (such as Martha's One-Bowl Chocolate Cupcakes, which is pretty much my standby). Here's how to make the frosting:

-1 lb. (4 sticks) butter, room temperature1 lb.
-(2 cups) confectioner's sugar
-1/2 tsp. vanilla
-16 oz. tub of marshmallow cream (I recommend Fluff)

Cream the butter (I love my Kitchenaid!) on high until it's light and fluffy. Add the confectioner's sugar, 1/4 cup at a time, and beat until fluffy each time. Beat in the vanilla until incorporated. Then dump in the Fluff and mix it up 'til it's all creamy. Transfer to pastry bag (if desired) and pipe onto cupcakes! (You can also cut the corner off a Ziploc bag and use that instead.)



The tops are dusted with graham cracker crumbs, and each cupcake is topped with a square of Hershey's chocolate. Yes, there are fancier chocolate bars out there—but for that authentic retro campfire taste, I say you oughta stick with the classic.

No comments: